1/7/11

A note of thanks

Dear Ben,

I am so immeasurably grateful for you, & to you, for all you have done while I have been so sick. You, of all people, know how crummy I have been feeling lately, but I don't think you know how many times a day, when my head is pounding & my throat is aching & my hands are shaking, that I pause & think of you.

I think of the smile that's on your face every time you walk in the door. I think about how both of your boys are elated when they hear you coming in. I think about how I wish I had the energy to run to you, to throw myself into your arms & kiss you all over.

I think about your hands, & how busy they've been. I think about your feet, & how many laps they've made up & down our cozy hallway, while your arms wrap our crying baby in love & comfort, trying to help him understand his mama's sick, but you're there for him.

I think about your lips, & how they part more for compliments than complaints, & I think about how truly, truly blessed I am that you've chosen to share your life with me - even when mine becomes really unattractive.

So, I just wanted to thank you, because you, of all people, know how crummy I have been feeling lately, but it's really only mostly you who's given me the chance to smile through it all. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I am so very happy that you have found your happiness. you deserve nothing less :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you poor thing! Was it the flu? Yay ben for being awesome and always taking care of our girl!

    ReplyDelete